Bachelor of Science (Paramedicine)
The paramedic who graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medicine will be well-versed in the National Emergency Medical Qualifications Framework and have specialized professional competence in the field of Emergency Medicine, ethical, good attitude and adhere to professional ethics, able to perform medical emergency operations outside the hospital setting and perform medical emergency operations by themselves according to medical emergency standards as well as performing other tasks related to education, training, research and research in assessment, management, treatment of emergency patients and prevention of emergency illnesses as well as being able to manage the emergency medical system, teaching and research in emergency medicine following the authority, scope and responsibility and limitations in the practice of emergency medicine.
To produce medical emergencies graduates with the knowledge, competence, skills, attitudes, and competencies that are in line with the Emergency Medical Qualification Criteria following the Emergency Medical Commission regulations regarding the designation of the operator Organization Accreditation and Operator Education or Training Programs And the giving of certificates or accreditation marks to people who passed education or training in 2020 as follows
- Ethical, Responsible, Respect the dignity, and human values.
- Good knowledge in emergency medicine and related science, able to apply the knowledge to work properly.
- Able to perform medical emergencies on their own properly and reliably when assigned. (Entrustable Professional Activities: EPAs) as follows
- Out of hospital patient care.
- Procedural skills.
- Medical direction assistances.
- EMSS administration.
- Academic EMS.
- Competencies in communication, practice, clinical skills, teamwork, critical thinking and decision-making, and good professional behavior.
- Systematic and creative thinking and solving problems properly.
- Leadership, good interpersonal, able to adapt and work happily with others.
- Able to do numerical analysis and use information technology to study, research, and work properly.
- Keen on learning and develop themselves continuously.
- Have a good attitude towards the profession.
Semester System, there are 2 semesters in an academic year by learning from Monday – Friday.
4 academic years (The duration is not more than 8 academic years.)
- Graduated at least a high school senior or equivalent in a science and math program or is an approved medical emergency officer certificate and meet the requirements of Mahasarakham University’s Regulations for Undergraduate Education, 2014
- Having good health both physically and mentally, not having a serious contagious disease or disorder that interferes with education and emergency medical practice for example alcoholism, lymphatic filariasis in the symptoms that are offensive to the society, addiction to severely punishable drugs, various mental illnesses, leprosy in the contagious stage or in the stage of symptoms that are disgusting to society, tuberculosis in danger, ingrown yaws or skin disease is disgusting to society, venereal disease in the stage of rashes or skin lesions, and other severe diseases that hinder performance.
- A well-behaved never be imprisoned by a final judgment in a case that might be brought dishonor upon the executor.
- Other Qualification according to the announcement of the Faculty of Medicine, Mahasarakham University, which has been announced every year.
a flat fee of 22,000 Thai Baht per semester (44,000 Thai Baht for an academic year)
Graduates of Bachelor of Science (Paramedicine) can pursue careers according to the National Qualifications Framework for Medical Emergency 2021 as follows:
- The Paramedic works in high-level medical emergency operations at the scene of an accident, on ambulances, aircraft, or water vehicles. and the emergency room (Prehospital Care) of a hospital or emergency medical unit under the Ministry of Public Health or related ministries Bangkok Local government organizations other government agencies Private institutions/ bureaus/ agencies/ emergency medical organizations both at home and abroad
- The Emergency medical dispatchers work in the Emergency Medical Operations Unit. (Provincial or district notification and command center)
- The lecturer in Emergency Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine or operator training organization and the instructor in the training course for operators in emergency medical systems.
- The Emergency Medicine Researcher.
- The Emergency Medical Administrator of the Medical Operations Unit and Assistant to the Emergency Medical Administrator of the Operation Unit Administrative Unit under the National Emergency Medical Qualifications Framework.